Monday, January 30, 2012

A Hot Mess!

Yesterday's run marked day 84 of my year long running challenge. I was planning on going to the gym and hitting the treadmill, but I ended up having a "running date" with my friend Megan who lives in Chicago. We both go out for a run at the same time and then talk about our run after. Since Megan was running outside, I decided I could tough out the weather, too. So I headed out, sans Yak Trax, which was a mistake I would soon be paying for. I was having a nice run, about 2 miles in, when I took a turn. My arms were flapping, I let out a yell, and ... I caught myself. Whew. After a quick look around I confirmed that no one had seen my amateur ballet moves. I was safe.
Boy was I wrong!

I had only taken a few more steps when I hit an ice patch and hit the ground, my left knee taking the brunt of the fall. I got back up, looked around for a second time to make sure no one had seen me wipe out, brushed the snow off of my pants, and decided to head for home. I felt fine for the rest of the night. My knee was a little red and I could see a bruise starting to form, but no pain. Until this morning. When I woke up my knee felt so stiff - I thought I had slept wrong until I remembered my embarassing skid across the ice. It's not terrible, but I have definitely decided that today is a treadmill day!


Have you ever had any embarassing running moments?



No comments:

Post a Comment